- Other than taking out shock links, I have not and will not edit anyone’s comments, other than to remove obvious advertiser spam (which I haven’t received yet).
- Also, I have only commented once, as Sirkowski Watch. Other “repeat” comments of a trollish nature are by someone other than me
What kind of evil will come out of a Republican dyke’s vagina?
In this instance, Sirkowski would surely defend his use of highly objectionable language on the grounds that he is just trying to be funny. He might be said to be speaking in the “voice” of those whom he disagrees. In other instances, he has claimed that his use of “dyke” was satirical, calling into question the sincerity of those who would criticize him by pointing out that they are hypocrites; Republicans or conservatives who are, in Sirkowski’s opinion “anti-Gay”, have no right to object to his use of a gay slur as a gay slur; Sirkowski uses “dyke” because it is a slur.
- Republicans are “anti-Gay”
- Republicans are evil
- Sirkowski is funny and his attempt that humor is recognized as such
- Matthew said…
- I like your artwork. Therefore, blindly, I assumed you were a pretty cool person. That was until I visited your website.Sadly, most of your posts revolve around hatred, particularly against Christians. Your view of the world is that all religious people are bigots and “fucktards”. You claim that the most ignorant, dumbass nations in the world are also the most religious, and yet….I don’t see too many religious people relying on words like “fucktard” to convey their opinion (but I’m sure through your own eyes they always seem to convey their opinions in the most red-necked, uninformed way imaginable).
What I ask you is this: what breeds people like you? Are you a product of years of Christians pissing on your parade, or are you just naturally hateful? If you don’t mind me asking, really….what is the deal with you? You claim to be liberal, but the ways in which you express your disagreement with religion are so far out there that even the most liberal politicians would shake their head in shame upon viewing this website. I’m not going to preach at you that your comics are tasteless, or your hentai is sickening. Hell no. I view all that shit, and I like it. I’m just preaching at you that you *could* express yourself far more maturely, that you *could* not be as hateful, bigoted, and ignorant as most of the religious people you put down, but I don’t expect that you will.
What is your deal with Christians, or even conservatives in general? You seem to think we’re all stereotypes. Well, I guess I better go handle my snake again, then. And pray to Jebus for your soul sake. But not before telling you you’re going to hell but that God loves you! :P
“You’re going to hell but God loves you!”
There. I’d hate to shatter your beloved stereotypes that you cling to so desperately as being an everlasting of humor from which you can draw inspired posts and comic strips from.
- 7:30 AM
- Sirkowski said…
- If you’re not a bigot, you shouldn’t feel concerned. If you do feel concerned, that’s your problem.And yes, I’m not cool. Glad you finaly found that out. e_e
- 4:26 PM
At BaconEating AtheistJew, Sirkowski writes:
Good job pissing off the Christians, fellow Canadian! :-)
Sirkowski, I am not trying to piss off Christians with my blog. My goal here is to entertain and maybe make people think.
“What people believe others believe must in some sense depend on what they themselves believe.” Sniderman, Brody, and Tetlock, 1991.
What is the purpose of criticizing Sirkowski’s political writings? Is Sirkowski himself in any way an important enough political figure to justify a public criticism? Obviously, on these grounds, the answer is a resounding “No”; Sirkowski is eminently forgettable, profoundly ignorant, and blessed with almost nothing unique to say.
What motivates my criticism of Sirkowski is not his importance; I wish to criticize him specifically because he is not important. Sirkowski’s hubris interests me. If I were a superhero, I would be Self-Reflection Man (thanks to Frazz).
Sirkowski presents his opinions in an arrogant fashion. He will not admit the existence of facts or of plausible arguments that may cause him to reconsider his point of view. In Sirkowski’s world, anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant, stupid, or evil. In all things, Sirkowski is dogmatically certain; I will ask questions of Sirkowski in order to expose dogmatism as an empty shell of opinion. I do not expect him to answer, at least not in a civil tone, as this is not his style. This blog exists to puncture Sirkowski’s certainty.
I will also, using this blog, attempt to raise the level of dialogue. Unlike the often racist and execrable Malkin(s) Watch, or the overly sarcastic Olbermann Watch, I will actually deal with Sirkowski’s arguments. If I get the chance, I will draw them out, labeling each premise, assumption, or bit of evidence as such. I am not here to offer opinions about Sirkowski’s status as an artist or a human being. My field of inquiry and criticism will consist solely of Sirkowski’s public political statements.
I will not ban commenters or delete comments from this blog, with one exception. Advertisements that are not germane to the discussion I will eliminate without prejudice. Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me; vent your spleen, as your own rhetorical excesses will only discredit you further.
An exchange from Liberal Avenger:
Cheap sarcasm. Note, Sirkowski never approaches any comment with an actual argument, presentation of fact, or seeming ability to understand an underlying point. Rather, his approach is always to belittle others.